Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default smart chart not exporting in PDF

I'm attempting to export a 2 page document with embedded smart charts (bar and line) to pdf (email distro) and the document exports fine but without the graphs. Anyone seen this behavior before?

Default Re: smart chart not exporting in PDF

Which smart charts? Can you upload a sample or working XAR file to demonstrate this?

I just loaded a few and they exported to PDF fine. Using the content catalog itself was a royal pita, though...

First file was exported for e-mail distribution, the second, PDF/X High Quality.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for the late reply. I ended up just doing a bitmap copy of the graph instead of the smart graph. I just checked it again and it is still doing the same. Often times the app crashes as well and in the process corrupts the file I'm working on. Obviously this isn't the preferred behavior.

J

A test file that doesn't export to pdf correctly...

graphtest.pdf

graphtest.xar

The chart you selected is an HTML chart. Even so, without changing its properties, it also doesn't export to a web page.

To get it into a PDF document, open the Page Options. Select the General tab. Change from a print document to a Web document type. Now right-click on the HTML Widget. At the bottom of the context menu, select Web Properties.

Make the following selection:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000067.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	113715

Now, it is always ever going to be 96 DPI in the PDF. Which is what you really accomplish with the bitmap copy no matter what the DPI field says, the quality is exactly the same.

I would use a different chart type from the Pr. Or just make the thing in something else.