Hello to all enthusiastic Xara users here

It is possible I will use in 2 monthes the Xara Designer X11 for the design 3 books arts (between 100 and 200 pages for each one).
For the moment it is just an idea (I own Indesign CS5 too), but I make a few tries to see the results in Xara, and I will possibly choose it if positive tests.

Anyway I've got 2 problems for now.

1. Hyphenation :

The first one (I think it is just a bad manipulation somewhere, but where ?) : the hyphenation tool doesn't work on my texts.

I used the default settings (hyphenation settings... button), and I followed this simple tutorial for help : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL2L9YazDPM
I even wrote the same text of the tutorial, to see if it is not just a problem of words ! (test n°3, file 113130)
I dowloaded the "Content installer and Pan Studio" and I get some new languages options (as I am french, I needed these), but with the same result.

The first file (file 113130) shows the 3 texts I have for this text, with an hyphenation setting on "on". But with no change/cut in the texts.

2. Drop Caps :

My second problem (see picture 2) is when creating manually a space for a drop cap.

I followed this good tutorial : http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_4.htm

The idea of the tuto is good. Anyway there is a problem when working with a fully justified text (the tutorial doesn't do this) :
the fact that the soft analyses the first 3 lines as a complete paragraph create a space at the end of the third line ! (because
of the justified option : the last line of a paragraph is always "unjustified" !)

That's a bit annoying... You can see this space after the word "praepotens" (file 113131)

Would there be an issue ? Or another way to create this space for drop cap, without "cutting" the paragraph into 2 parts ?

Thank you for your help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	113130

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	042.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	113131