Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default My thoughts on Xara Web Designer (From a Newbie)

Well I have been using Web Designer for a few days now having come from Serif WebPlus X8 which is a cracking bit of software but I wanted to move as Serif are no longer developing it and Web Designer has better mobile support which is really important these days.

My thoughts on Xara Web Designer 11 Pro so far are ........ Excellent

Really good bit of software with some great touches like the active centering (not sure what the propper name is) were a red line shows you are in the center when dragging stuff around - simple but makes life easier. Also love the small things like being able to extend the size of a web page by dragging the bottom - (actually just tried on Webplus and it does on there to - I never knew that after all those years using it).

Love the ease of using Google fonts and getting more when needed

Inserting full size photos and resizing them on the go

Stretching stuff to fit the page and sticking stuff.... etc... etc

So far VERY impressed

Default Re: My thoughts on Xara Web Designer (From a Newbie)

I told you ;P For the price it is amazing. Why not show us what you made so far?

You've made a lot of people at Xara HQ very happy!

Some of us forget sometimes just how good a fit the Xara feature-set is for many users.

When I bought Xara I bought Serif at the same time. I can't get away with serif at all, it's really not very user friendly in my opinion. Xara blows it out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You've made a lot of people at Xara HQ very happy!

Some of us forget sometimes just how good a fit the Xara feature-set is for many users.
    Yep it is very good indeed

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I told you ;P For the price it is amazing. Why not show us what you made so far?
    I will when I upload it - still in the design stage and learning as I go

Quote Originally Posted by philsafc View Post
    When I bought Xara I bought Serif at the same time. I can't get away with serif at all, it's really not very user friendly in my opinion. Xara blows it out of the water.
    I wont rubbish WebPlus as its been a brilliant companion with my website and others I have made for people but Xara does seem more up to date and powerful but then again Serif have told us they are not developing WebPlus any more so maybe they have let it slide for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by John Young View Post
    Yep it is very good indeed

I will when I upload it - still in the design stage and learning as I go

I wont rubbish WebPlus as its been a brilliant companion with my website and others I have made for people but Xara does seem more up to date and powerful but then again Serif have told us they are not developing WebPlus any more so maybe they have let it slide for a while now
    Serif is great once you get your head around the way it wants you to do things. Xara is just more intuitive I think.

Quote Originally Posted by philsafc View Post
    Serif is great once you get your head around the way it wants you to do things. Xara is just more intuitive I think.
    Yeah totally agree.... it just seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    As Promised - Still needs a bit more work

http://www.johnyoung.co

Congratulations John, your site is as clean and simple as the pictures you take. Great job.

Ciao

Roly

Your sites a little to wide for my liking John. I find wide sites give my tired old eyes problems scanning across the page and finding the next line below. I often end up reading the same line twice. It's an issue I have if I visit TG and leave it maximised also. I have to minimise my browser to read the content easily. May be just my tired old eyes

One thing you may wish to look at is the odd text overlap on your home page in the centre of the text, as well as the cut off text on the right. See FF screengrab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	john-young.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	112769  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host