Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    • Paint on photo effects with the new Photo Effect painter
    • 25+ photo filter presets in the Online Content Catalog
    • Magnetic Lasso for quick and easy cut-outs
    • New XProcess option in the photo enhance tool
    • New color dodge & burn transparency blend modes
    • Google Material Design icons added to the symbol library
    • New SmartShapes such as charts, text panels, photo grids and a new spiral
    • Enhanced Content Catalog with search and an integrated stock photo library
    • Improved Word, PDF, RTF and PSD support
    Is it all? Funny!
    It's a pity!
    I am interested in the last point. What specific improvements by PSD/PDF ex/import? Probably again invisible improvements.

I'll wait for PRO version. Maybe a miracle will happen. Modern AI/PSD export, warp transform tool, some new vector tools and vector patterns, color management etc... ))

Default Re: New Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

regarding PSD improvements: you can now map xara objects to PSD layers - ie you can tell the PSD export to export every xara object as a seperate PSD layer - and when importing you can choose to convert every PSD layer to a seperate xara object - this is actually very useful as far as I am concerned

the new alignment distribution options are a nice touch, and as mentioned previously the naming of objects in the gallery is long overdue and most welcome

if i was using photo and graphic designer then I would upgrade on the basis of these features; I don't do photgraph manipulation in xara, nor do I use it as much as I once did, but the PSD filter changes and the ability to name objects in the layer gallery would save a lot of time when I do use the program.... it remains to be seen what is offered for Designer Pro and the more expensive upgrade...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    regarding PSD improvements: you can now map xara objects to PSD layers - ie you can tell the PSD export to export every xara object as a seperate PSD layer - and when importing you can choose to convert every PSD layer to a seperate xara object - this is actually very useful as far as I am concerned...
    Thanks for the info @handrawn.
    I am very often prepared PSD files in XDP. I like the ability to manipulate multiple objects in the inside Xara's layer. I like the ability to create layer groups for PSD. Is it different now?
    What am I missing: serious transformation tool for bitmap, the ability to export CMYK PSD files. It would be ideal guides and smart objects. Although I wish probably too much. ))

it would be nice to be able to export each [selected] xara object as it's own PSD layer all within a PSD layer group - but I don't think you can

you can always concatenate in Photoshop afterwards; that is, export each set of PSD layers that you want as a 'group' as a seperate PSD file and put it together in PS - not much fun if you want nested groups of more than one level though....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

After the new XDP release I'll try the demo, perhaps the new PSD improvements are handy.