Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Released: A New Version of Web Designer

Hi, where can I find the charity template in xwd 365 P ?

Thank you

Roly

Probably no where. But I imagine it will appear soon. In the mean time, why not try to figure out how they did the magic and see if you can recreate it.

Hi Gary, good suggestion. I will give it a shot and if I complete it I will post a copy of the .web file.

Ciao

Roly

@ John - it falls back to the version at the most recent renewal.

@ Acorn - Mike is right, we have not yet determined the renewal pricing but the guidance we give on xara.com/update-guarantee is that you can expect it to be in roughly the same ballpark as the upgrade pricing.

And one final note on the content for everyone. Don't forget there has always been the option of adding a back-up CD at the time of purchase for $10 extra. It includes a full copy of all the current content, not just the program itself.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    And one final note on the content for everyone. Don't forget there has always been the option of adding a back-up CD at the time of purchase for $10 extra. It includes a full copy of all the current content, not just the program itself.
    Therein lies the rub. Can I buy this at renewal as well? Do I need to if I have used the Download All option on each Folder in the Online Designs Gallery?

I am guessing my way through a minefield at the moment as it is just not clear and I am really trying to explore all the areas that are rearing up.

For example, the information around what the Content Pack (Installer) actually delivers compared with the Download All option or the back-up CD option are truly vague.
    Xara's is the first EULA I have had to examine in great detail as a hobbyist (I have done such professionally) and the 365 Day Update Guarantee paragraph is a bolt-on that has not been thought through.

A concrete example, where I now no longer have access to my purchased:

1. Template Pack 1
    2. Template Pack 2
    3. Widget Pack 1
    4. Web Pack 1
    5. Web Pack 2

Not in the Content Pack, not in the Online Content Catalogue, not in the Online Designs Gallery and, at a guess, not in a back-up CD.

(I am recording this detail and other bugs in http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...lling-Bug-List)

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    @ John - it falls back to the version at the most recent renewal.

@ Acorn - Mike is right, we have not yet determined the renewal pricing but the guidance we give on xara.com/update-guarantee is that you can expect it to be in roughly the same ballpark as the upgrade pricing.

Hi Kate

As Acorn mentions in her reply, can I please ask for clarification on what the backup cd actually contains, obviously the programme, but with regards to the content, is is what we would have got if it was V12 instead of 365, i.e. the general theme packs, navbars, widgets etc., or will it include 'all' the business theme packs as well, which I believe are now included in 365? I'm sure if this is made clear to everyone then perhaps many more would make the jump to 365 and at the same time purchase the disc, which in effect, in a sense, is v12, many thanks.

Kindest regards

David

$10 for the CD? I remember getting the CD free the last few years with my purchase of Designer Pro.

Maybe it was different with Web Designer?

Just wondering how all this update, upgrade stuff will apply to xara designer pro which has the web features as well.

Wow! Another year has passed.

A very elegant demonstration sites. Beautiful animation.

But the disease remains the same:
    Quasi-responsive overloaded with PNG graphics sites.
    Graphical navi.
    Absolute positioning.
    Uneditable heavy code.
    Obsolete doctype etc...

Some online website builder do same much more correct.

XWD is suitable for those who can not write HTML. The program is able to create quite good modern landing pages and small static sites. For professional use is unsuitable. At least I do not see how it can be used.

I'm always in a hurry and always too lazy to write codes. My choice the bootstrap studio.
    Drag'n'drop components. Full responsive sites with a clean and valid HTML/CSS code with HTML5 semantic.
    I would have wished that Xara chose a similar strategy for development a new generation of software. I see here an inexhaustible potential.

Agree that bootstrap studio is a good tool, but it's a different tool. You will need to know coding to use bootstrap studio whereas (as basic as it is) webdesigner from xara is purely a wysiwyg tool. And I am not speaking from the point of someone using it daily. I was using it to create websites (quite a lot) for clients till a few years ago (still using it to update old sites now and then; until the client pays to update it to full responsive) and for what it was it was good; creating a simple static website in less than an hour is more than possible but unfortunately not only have new options come in (bootstrap studio and muse amongst others) which just work a lot better but the clients themselves have become more knowledgeable about web technologies and webdesigner simply cannot keep up with their demands other than for the most basic of websites.

Professionals do not mind paying extra for such tools but I can't see a hobbyist or part-time professional paying a monthly subscription. I know of many people who did not upgrade to adobe creative cloud but the vast majority have as many of the apps are industry standard and if you want a job at in print/design/web design/marketing then you have to be familiar with adobe products. The same cannot be said of xara products - unfortunately.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk