Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
and for gsthunder also. Don't forget that the new version has a lot of new features, you can read about them on our site at http://www.xara.com/web-designer/whats-new/. If you purchase a copy now you get a perpetual license to this version of the software including these new features. What you also now get is access to new features that are released over the next 365 days, which you can think of as 'next year's features', plus 365 days access to the online services (M hosting, the Online Content Catalog and Online Designer). Note we don't actually delete the updates from any installations that you have when the 365 days expire, but they won't be in any new installations. new installations will fall back to whatever the version was at the time you purchased, so currently 12.0.0. But if you are not comfortable with that then you can still buy the new version, get the current new features and reject the updates - then in a year's time decide as usual whether you want to buy an upgrade to the next version, which will get you a new perpetual license to that version.

You keep saying we will get all this neat stuff and early new features and the like but in reality you are just leasing it to us for a year. If we want to keep it we have to renew the lease or you take it back. Sorry, but you can present it any way you want but as the saying goes you can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day it is still a pig.

Give us a package deal and when purchased what we have is what we have. Put as many new features and goodies in it as you want. Make it so we can reload it at anytime we need without losing anything. Save your new features and updates that come out in between releases for future releases or sell them as stand alone until the next release comes out and they are added to it. Allowing access to them and then taking them away if we don't buy next year's version is wrong!

In effect what you( Xara )are trying to do is manipulate everyone into buying the new release every year. I am not taking the bait. Sorry. I love Xara stuff and use it all the time but I am not getting suckered into this money trap. No way no how.