Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara web designer here I come

Well I have been using webplus by serif and today the announcement indicated that no longer the program will be upgraded. So here I am. I have been using xara for my graphic work for more than a decade and loving it, however I am going to look closer at the web design part of things. I already like the fact that I can have a mobile version done and the cloud idea coming in the next version sounds even better. Any ideas as to when the newer version of webplus will come out?

Also do not be sup-prized to see a surplus new users from the other side of the pond to come here.

P.S. I already did a website for a client, all done with xara, you can check it here with xara.

Default Re: Xara web designer here I come

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Well I have been using webplus by serif and today the announcement indicated that no longer the program will be upgraded. So here I am. I have been using xara for my graphic work for more than a decade and loving it, however I am going to look closer at the web design part of things. I already like the fact that I can have a mobile version done and the cloud idea coming in the next version sounds even better. Any ideas as to when the newer version of webplus will come out?

Also do not be sup-prized to see a surplus new users from the other side of the pond to come here.

P.S. I already did a website for a client, all done with xara, you can check it here with xara.

You mean Xara Web Designer ;-)

Yes xara web designer. I have to get used to saying that from now on

Hi Behzad - love your Pizza site - makes me hungry just looking at it!

Can I just ask - how did you create the contact form?

So true Behzad.

I'm a newbie from the other pond!!! I'm excited by the possibilities over here!

I feel so at home here. Xara has always had a great community. @nobbyy I used jotform. They are amazing and once you make the form, it is responsive too. They give you a free account with 100 email processing a month, most of my clients are on it. Look into it, you will not be disappointing.

@highpointer Welcome to the land of Xara. You will love it.

Though I've owned both Photo & Graphic Designer and Web Designer (now version 11) for a while, I'm also a longtime Serif guy, using WebPlus for much of my work. WebPlus just always seemed to work the way I think.

But with the recent Serif announcement behzad mentioned above, I'll also be moving to Xara as my primary development system. I've seen Web Designer version 12 mentioned as coming out in 2016, anybody have any idea which quarter?

And yeah, I'm sure I'll be posting here more now with questions.

So........hey...

Welcome CodeDog to the Xara world. It is a great tool in your tool box. I am too waiting to see what is new in the next version of web designer.