Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: MP4 container problem - flash

Hi Paul,

You have a space between the 7 and the 0A641E0B. Remove it. I don't know why the space showed up in my post, as there is none in the code and I did a copy/paste. Here it is again.

http://www.magix-photos.com/permacod...80C4270A641E0B

Below is the entire embedding code for the same video. Try putting the following in a placeholder (body) and previewing or publishing it.

Thanks,
    John

<div id="magixPermaPlayer" style="width: 800px; height: 600px;">

<object class="flashplayer" id="p211CFCD0CAD911E58680C4270A641E0B" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; display: block;">
    <param name="wmode" value="opaque">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.magix-photos.com/magix/flash/player2/easy/loader.swf?eid2=211CFCD0CAD911E58680C4270A641E0B&a mp;autoplay=false&amp;lang=&amp;rid=56c8c96ea874c" >
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <param name="swLiveConnect" value="true">
    <embed name="flPlayer" src="http://www.magix-photos.com/magix/flash/player2/easy/loader.swf?eid2=211CFCD0CAD911E58680C4270A641E0B&a mp;autoplay=false&amp;lang=&amp;rid=56c8c96ea874c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#000000" swliveconnect="true">
    </object>

</div>

I think that URL returns a page not a video file.

Try putting that in a placeholder.

Beyond that "I dunno".

I tried putting the code in as a link but that only opens WMP when run. I tried replacing all instances of the mp4 file info in the code generated by the Xara video widget, but that didn't work. There are probably some nuances required but I'm not at all familiar with html coding so I don't know what to do.

I may just have to bite the bullet, look at the size of all videos and either upload them to the Xara domain or put them in YT and make links.

I'll keep looking for a solution to the coding and hope that someone else can come up with one.

Thanks again,
    John

Youtube no good? It's super-easy to link to those.

YouTube is very good, I have my tutorials there and linking is super-easy, as you say. But, I find it redundant to have the videos in the Online album and also have to upload them to YT. However, I now think that YT is the best solution since I can't find a way to encode the Xara video widget to get the video from Magix Online Album onto the website and to be able to view the videos on all major platforms. Strange that. Furthermore, with the upcoming changes to Magix Online, maybe it's best to move everything in my album to YT.

Thanks again,
    John

Although Magix now owns Xara and rebrands Xara-derived products, they also make products independently, and not necessarily to complement each other. Good luck with youtube.