Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MP4 container problem - flash

Hi,

Using Xara DPX11.

I've created a web site that has some videos which are already uploaded to my Magix online album. I use the feature in the online album to embed the video in a web site. The code generated by Magix Album is shown below. This works fine in Windows IE when I put code in the body of a placeholder, but since it's Flash, it doesn't work on Apple devices. I went through some of the other threads and Rob-Xar mentioned in one that "Xara will automatically switch to HTML5 if flash is not available." But this doesn't work on an iPad. Strangely, the videos work fine on my old BB PlayBook, but not on my newer BB Z10 phone - it says that no player is available.

I tried putting the direct link from the album into an iFrame code and received a message that the site did not allow the videos in a frame.

Any solutions to fix this? Should I use a third party widget? Suggestions?

I used a Xara template for the web site, including a variant (still work to do on the variant to get it conformed). Comments welcome. Here is the link to the Videos page. I used individual pages for the videos as I found that loading the images took too long, and after viewing 1 video, viewing a second video on the same page would cause it to stutter - memory problem?

Note: I have autoplay on for the videos as the user has to choose to go to the particular video page by clicking on the View video button.

Thanks,
    John

<div id="magixPermaPlayer" style="width: 800px; height: 600px;">

<object class="flashplayer" id="pCA9F7C90CAD611E5BACE2E2C0A641E0B" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; display: block;">
    <param name="wmode" value="opaque">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.magix-photos.com/magix/flash/player2/easy/loader.swf?eid2=CA9F7C90CAD611E5BACE2E2C0A641E0B&a mp;autoplay=true&amp;lang=&amp;rid=56c775702881f">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <param name="swLiveConnect" value="true">
    <embed name="flPlayer" src="http://www.magix-photos.com/magix/flash/player2/easy/loader.swf?eid2=CA9F7C90CAD611E5BACE2E2C0A641E0B&a mp;autoplay=true&amp;lang=&amp;rid=56c775702881f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#000000" swliveconnect="true">
    </object>

</div>

Default Re: MP4 container problem - flash

Isn't this related to your earlier post?

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I put code in the body of a placeholder, but since it's Flash, it doesn't work on Apple devices.

Works perfectly on my MacBook. I think you mean IOS devices - not every Apple device is a watch or tablet!

I went through some of the other threads and Rob-Xar mentioned in one that "Xara will automatically switch to HTML5 if flash is not available."

Yes, but he was specifically talking about the web generation code for Xara and the associated Magix products, not what you have used.

Strangely, the videos work fine on my old BB PlayBook

Because the now obsolete PlayBook supported flash in the browser.

but not on my newer BB Z10 phone - it says that no player is available.

They've discontinued Flash support.

You need to look at non-flash solutions. Your other most mentions MP4.

Hi Egg,

Nope, wasn't me, and I saw the post, not the same problem. That OP is using Vimeo to host the videos and the container that he uses seems to work with his iPhone.

In my case, I'm using Magix online album to host the videos. On the iPhone, there is nothing where the video is supposed to be and no message, just empty space, using the variant. On the iPad with the normal site opened, the message where the placeholder is says that this plugin is not compatible. I'm using a placeholder(rectangle) with the body code that I put in the original post.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by browj2; 19 February 2016 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Changed container to placeholder

@Paul,

Thanks for the reply. The iPhone and iPad are my wife's and neither of us has a Mac; I just assumed that Mac's couldn't handle Flash. I'm relieved that it works on the MacBook as that was a major concern.

Again, the other post wasn't me.

By other non-flash solutions, I presume that I would have to look for a third party widget?

I used Cincopa for the music and I'll take a look there to see if there is a way to not use their site to host the videos. The music was all uploaded to their server and I'm not comfortable with that. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    John

Are you talking about creating video content, or displaying video content, or both?

It's really unclear to me what is going on here.

Once you have the video you should have no problems.

The videos, mp4's, are all uploaded into the Magix online album and it allows me to embed them in a site using the code that it generates and that I put in my first post. Alternatively, it can provide a direct link to the video, which I didn't use.

In the web site that I made, I just want a player to play those videos in a video player. I created a placeholder, inserted the code generated by Magix online album for the particular video, and published the site. As you saw, the videos play fine in Windows IE, and as you said, on a MacBook. But the videos do not play on an iPhone or iPad or on my BB Z10 (least of my worries). I would like the videos to play on the iPhone and iPad, so what do I need to do to make this happen?

Attached is an example of what I did, only one video. I published it to http://jcbrown.xara.hosting/test2/

It works fine on IE, but not on the iPhone or iPad.

EDIT

Here is a screen shot from IE showing the problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraDPX11 video problem1.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	111897

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by browj2; 19 February 2016 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Added screen shot

Check out the video player in XDP11.

Aha! I had already checked out the XDP11 video player and looked at some of the script. It was similar to that generated by the Magix online album, but I just noticed the bottom part: "if(!navigator.userAgent.match(/(iPhone|iPod|iPad|Android)/))...." That is why the widget works on the iPad and iPhone. I tested it and this video widget works on the iPad (but not my BB Z10).

However, using the XDP11 video widget means uploading the mp4's to the domain, in my case Xara hosting. Since I only have 2GB, I would quickly use that up with a bunch of videos, and this is what I was trying to avoid. I have 100GB space in Magix Online Album, so I want to use the link to the videos in the Online Album along with the Xara video widget.

Is it possible to modify the following code generated by the XDP11 video widget to replace the ....mp4 parts with the direct link to the video in Magix Online Album, and how? I tried replacing the 3 instances of "JCB01 Intro.mp4" with the direct link: "http://www.magix-photos.com/permacodemedia?perma_code=211CFCD0CAD911E58680C427 0A641E0B" but that didn't work; nothing showed up on the screen in IE. Solution?

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=JCB01 Intro.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&am p;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x 000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if(!navigator.userAgent.match(/(iPhone|iPod|iPad|Android)/)){document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" ");
    document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" ");
    document.write("src=\"index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=JCB01 Intro.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&am p;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x 000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1\" ");
    document.write("wmode=\"transparent\" allowScriptAccess=\"sameDomain\" allowFullscreen=\"true\" quality=\"high\" menu=\"false\"/>");
    }
    document.write("\x3cvideo src=\"index_htm_files/JCB01 Intro.mp4\" controls width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\"/>");
    </script>
    </object>

Thanks,
    John

http://www.magix-photos.com/permacod...D911E58680C427 0A641E0B

Typed into a browser gets an error