Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why does a mp4 file auto-start on a laptop but not on an iPhone?

Hi everyone. I purchased Xara Web Designer 11 Premium last week. Pretty easy to use! I have been wanting to get away from Flash on my current website. Most of the video that I am now posting are on Vimeo which I embed it into Xara Web Designer...very easy.

I have one mp4 that needs to replaced on a daily basis. I drag the mp4 into Xara Web Designer, and it asks if I want it to auto-start. I click yes. I then check it out in the preview, and it auto-starts. I uploaded it, and checked it out again with same result. However, when I look at the site with my iPhone, the mp4 file will not startup automatically. I have to hit the play button, and there is no image preview.

Here is the link to my site http://shadowandsubstance.com/test/test.htm. Any help would be most appreciated!

Larry Koehn
    Clarksville, Tennessee

Default Re: Why does a mp4 file auto-start on a laptop but not on an iPhone?

Hi Larry, welcome to TG. Not 100% with you here, the first video in your link is Flash. It autoplays on a desktop but nothing moves so you may as well use a jpg. Are you sure you've got this test site right?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host