Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Parts of graphics start on side of page

Just creating a new website using Web Designer 11. It looks okay until preview and upload. Black bit of gallery theme seems to be on left side of the page, and then snaps into place in the centre. It happen on both desktop and mobile variants.
    Tried removing all photos and video, but it still happens. Is it a fault or am I doing something wrong?
    David

http://www.movingimagemedia.com.au

Default Re: Parts of graphics start on side of page

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your post was placed in moderation because new members are not permitted links. Since you link relates to your question and your site was created with Xara, the post has been approved.

I am not sure what is causing this problem. Can you copy the page, paste it into a new document, and reproduce this mysterious black box? And if so, can you save just that one page and upload the WEB file here?

Hi Gary, thanks for allowing me to be part of the discussion and help me with my problem.
    I tried a new file loading the template from the content catalog. Template is under Website Themes (responsive) Titled: Vista Theme (R) New. The template shows the same issue, before I even put any of my stuff on the page.
    Does that mean there is an issue with the template ? Can someone else reproduce this, or is it something weird with my computer ?
    thanks

I will try to get someone from Xara to have a look at this template and respond in this thread. Might be tomorrow because it is night time in XaraLand.

Hi Redwood, try this, go to page 1 in the page and layer gallery and then move the black rectangle from the pasteboard background to the bottom of the mouse off layer. Do this for every page. When I did this , all was good after.

Let us know the outcome.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Roly,
    that seemed to work - it certainly removed the black rectangle. Any ideas why this was happening -as I sure others will try the template? I have uploaded website again with the changes
    thanks
    David

Hi Redwood, I am not sure but I suspect that when the template was made, that element was erroneously put in the pasteboard layer ( 2 lines lower). Things happen when you rush to get the final product out.

Ciao

Roly