Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Something happened? Help( pasteboard/background )

I would REALLY appreciate any help on this.

NOTE - I am using WD10

Working on a new site( actually an update/redesign of current customer's site )and I have run into some kind of glitch all of a sudden today?

What I did was to create my main page layout and then I turned an image I made into the pasteboard that would match the various horizontal colored areas of the page background. Basically I wanted those horizontal colored areas to extend all the way to the edge of the browser screen vs. having a solid colored pasteboard area around the page.

It was working perfectly and everything lined up. All of a sudden though when I scroll down the pasteboard appears to remain static and the page moves up and down on it which of course is a problem with those colored areas? I have tried fixed and scrolling for the pasteboard but I can't get it to go back to how it was? I didn't change anything that I know of? I don't believe I imagined that it was working because I am sure I scrolled down to see if the bottom horizontal colored area lined up and it did? I would have noticed the problem then. This just seems to have happened minutes ago and it immediately jumped out at me as something went wrong?

FWIW - I was working on a popup layer and noticed something changed when doing a preview.

Am I nuts or did something happen? I really hope something happened and this can be fixed because otherwise I just wasted a couple days time.

Help

Default Re: Something happened? Help( pasteboard/background )

I am still not sure why it did it but I tried hitting reset and then reapplying the image as the pasteboard and it fixed it. Wouldn't mind hearing why some of you think it happened to begin with in case I did something but it is fixed now.

I have this issue quite a bit. It happens more often when I manually set memory for drawing the page, but unfortunately, it also happens when I have it set to automatic.

This happens for all versions I have (both 10 and 11, although 11 seems to do it more often than 10).

Is there some kind of memory managing monitor I could look at to know when I'm about to hit 'no screen update' threshold?

It's super random these days. It happened just now, which is why I can here looking for a solution, with an image I loaded up from a file then wouldn't display anything except the lowest object, then the screen stopped updating as with OP's situation.

FWIW it only did it to me that one time. I just finished and uploaded the new site today actually.