As of this afternoon I'm a proud owner of an Acer R7 laptop/tablet. Wonderfull screen (15" 1080HD IPS), wonderfull layout and at first sight a remarkable machine. And it comes with a NTrig digitizer! So one can use the screen as a drawingboard. Nothing new here since I own tablets since 2004.

But they had Wacom hardware and Ntrig is the new kid on the block, now even used in the MS Surface3 Pro.

Anxious I loaded Xara Designer Pro. And it doesn't work like it should!

First I had to delve in the registry just to let Xara believe there's something like a stylus (HKey_CU\Software\Xara\...\Options\Dragging and changing EnableTouch to 0. So it picks up the pen and one can actually do things with it. But the pressure sensitivity isn't picked up at all!

Bummer...

It is being registered in Journal but Xara shows no signs that it sees the pressure delivered by the pen.

Then I tried to install the WinTab drivers for N-Trig. but alas, still no sign...

Is there a Xara or ComputerConcept engineer in the house that can figure out how to get this combination to work.

I'm entitled to try this machine for 7 days and can send it back without any costs. But I'd rather like to keep it and I can't beleieve that Xara misses out on this. That would mean that Xara won't be of use on a Surface Pro 3!?