Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question High DPI scaling

Dear Xara..

I've had every version of Xara ever since it was called ArtWorks on Acorn RISC OS (yes, including the Corel episode) - I have Windows on my MacBook Pro almost only for Xara. While I'd like to see a Mac version at some time, I know that's not your priority (if there are plans I'd love to hear that too ).

But one thing does bother me quite a lot is the lack of support for High DPI scaling. This does not only go for my MacBooks but also for an increasing number of Windows devices.
    I'm mostly using the Windows compatibility setting 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings', which makes the document render crisply, but the interface is extremely small, with huge letters etc. and a lot of tools become extremely hard to use
    As a developer myself, it seems that this should not be too big of a deal, just having the interface elements scale up with screen dpi while the document renders at full pixel density.

My question is: when are you planning on supporting this?
    It is really the first period of time since 20+ years that I'm really annoyed with Xara and even sometimes find myself looking for alternatives

Kind regards,
    Stephan van der Feest
    Virtual Play

Default Re: High DPI scaling

Hello Stephan

This sounds like a good idea.

Default Re: High DPI scaling

Yeah, it is

And if I can help with this in any way, I'd be happy to dive in the source code and fix this issue, free of charge.
    Under a non-disclosure contract of course, being a Xara evangelist over the decades and all

Cheers