Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mirror tool

Hybrid View

Default Mirror tool

And what about this tool? Already requested? If you want to draw a pot, a glass, a bottle, a face, a human beeing, a butterfly, a building, a mechanical part,...

Default Re: Mirror tool

Do you mean that everything you draw is mirrored as you draw it?

Draw your shape, choose its best side, apply a linear fade with (-1, -1) profile to hide the unwanted part.
    Clone it, reflect it in the required axis.
    Join the two symmetrical shapes together.

You can also experiment with overlapping a clone, reflected shape and Combine Shapes > Intersect All Shapes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think that lupens idea is a good one. I'd love to be able to set the freehand and shape builder to mirror.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

@gwpriester: with a toggle button, yes if it's on. It's a tool very often used in 3d sw (symmetry tool) and in 2d painting sw like sketchbook and painter.
    @acorn: obviously there is some alternative methods, not always the best and the fastest.
    @angelize: +1

Quote Originally Posted by lupen View Post
    @acorn: obviously there is some alternative methods, not always the best and the fastest.
    I agree, but sometimes people fixate on a lack and cannot see beyond that. I prefer to get on, make and discover.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat