Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Internal Program Error 721 when inserting font awesome character

I wonder if anyone can help?

When I try to insert a font awesome symbol I receive a pop up box with the error "Internal Program Error 721.w.f.o.se" as per the attached screenshot.

I am trying to insert a font awesome symbol by first clicking on the font awesome font, then insert>font awesome symbol and then clicking on the symbol shown on the list. After that the error message appears.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong...or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Christian

Default Re: Internal Program Error 721 when inserting font awesome character

Quote Originally Posted by csteienr View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help?

When I try to insert a font awesome symbol I receive a pop up box with the error "Internal Program Error 721.w.f.o.se" as per the attached screenshot.

I am trying to insert a font awesome symbol by first clicking on the font awesome font, then insert>font awesome symbol and then clicking on the symbol shown on the list. After that the error message appears.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong...or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Christian
    Christian, no screenshot.

Go to Insert > Font Awesome Symbol...

A pop-up appears.

If you have the Text tool selected, a click on a symbol inserts the symbol as text.
    If you have the Select tool selected, a click on the symbol inserts it in the middle of your Xara window as an editable Shape.

There is no need to pre-pick the font,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

Many thanks for your response. Sorry about not attaching the screenshots. They are now attached.

The second screenshot is what I get when I try to insert the symbol with the select tool selected.

Do you think it might be a good idea if I uninstall and reinstall the program again?

I sent a ticket to xara support a week ago but they have not come back as yet with any solutions or advice. You are the only one who has offered any help so far, and for which I am very grateful.

Regards and thanks

ChristianClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd screenshot.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	109887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara error 720.w.f.o.se.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	109888

Christian, usually right-clicking the application icon and selecting Run as Administrator, just the one time, works wonders.

Sorry Xara's focus has been on releasing an update. They are usually diligent in sorting out a problem once they get started.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

I finally managed to 'cure' the problem with an uninstall and reinstall of the program. Everything works fine now.

Sometimes I think that all the updates and patches have a lot to answer to!

But all's well that end's well.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Christian

Christian, glad you got it sorted.
    Pity you had to resort to such a drastic solution,
    Acorn