Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Completely OT - PaintShop Pro section problem

Aha, that would explain why I never see any new posts :-)
    Thanks Christine :-)
    I will remove the link from the favourites bar.

Grenou

@Grenou,

Thanks for the reply. My price comment was just a lament expressed by others. It's a problem with a lot of software. For an update to a new version, we pay 60-70% of the price of buying new, for very little of value. Worse, Corel will undoubtedly be selling to new users at the same discounted price within a few months. Given your comments, I conclude that there is really little reason for a user like me to upgrade. I did anyway, but probably will skip a few "updates" in the future.

Thanks,
    John

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Moved to off topic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Angelize.
    Sorry for posting where it didn't belong ..

The PSP users are used to my singing Xara's praises, telling them that 'this and that' works much better in Xara and would they please pay attention!
    Someone has and there have been improvements.
    :-)
    Grenou

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    @Grenou,

Thanks for the reply. My price comment was just a lament expressed by others. It's a problem with a lot of software. For an update to a new version, we pay 60-70% of the price of buying new, for very little of value. Worse, Corel will undoubtedly be selling to new users at the same discounted price within a few months. Given your comments, I conclude that there is really little reason for a user like me to upgrade. I did anyway, but probably will skip a few "updates" in the future.

Thanks,
    John
    Yup, that is always likely to happen.
    I always upgrade Xara, without even looking as I know I get a good product. The cost isn't huge. Miss a lunch at the pub and the software is paid for :-)

Whenever PaintShop Pro release a new version there are always special discounts at the beginning and just when a new version is about to be released.
    It can't be the easiest to keep bringing out new features. There has to come a time that there isn't anything new to add!
    :-)
    Grenou