Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
Yea, just opened Xara, with only the template loading on start (417k), and it takes between 70 and 80 seconds.

Bloat referring to what?
Memory mismanagement is one kind of bloat, unnecessary operations. HOwever, in some cases a long load time means no post calculations in some cases (i.e. creation of tables, allocation of memory) so that it doesn't slow down while actually working. I'm not sure of everything under the hood here.

Also, long load times can come from things like having huge libraries of assets (i.e. gazillions of fonts for instance) in some programs, I imagine Xara to be no different. I did notice, personally, that the more assets I have assigned to Xara, the slower it loads and I"m guessing it comes down to locating and verifying the sources for the assets are still there and usable, then creating the database for lists to view them inside of Xara.

However, over one minute is definitely very slow. I have it installed on a SSD on my computer, it loads up in about 15 seconds even with my large library. Is there a chance OP needs to defrag their hard drive?