Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara and windows 10?

Before installing Windows 10 do you have to first deactivate your copy Xara Designer 11, then do the Windows update and finally reactivate the Designer 11. If so are there any instructions on how to do this?
    Thanks

that's what xara say see post #58 here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...397#post535397

if you read the thead it tells you how to do this

basically post #88:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...840#post535840

except you would install win10 in between deactivate/activate...
    Last edited by handrawn; 29 July 2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo

The problem I'm running into is that I just installed XDP11 on my tablet last week, and the website tells me I can't deactivate it until 8/20, but was hoping to upgrade to Win10 tonight. Oh well, if worse comes to worse, I'll just reinstall XDP10 instead for the time being.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

I think if you want to deactivate it before the 30 days period you need to do it from the program help

I can only speak from my experience.

I loaded Windows 10 onto my laptop this morning. It went smoothly and loaded up okay.

All of my Xara stuff, including my Designer ProX 11 trial all work smoothly. I'm sure some items and drivers etc on other people's laptops etc may have problems but mine was a smooth as chocolate.

On a site note I have just had two people get back to me, virtually at the same time today, to ask me to do a lot of graphic work for them.

So although one poster on this forum thinks that if we use Xara and haven't got a Phd in graphic design we are con-men and amateurs, I will be purchasing this upgrade so I can carry on doing awful, dishonest and amateurish work.

Oh and I still do free work for the NHS to...I'm practically evil.

I am not sure the Win10 upgrade is working too well many are getting an error message in particular the one I got code 80240020 something regarding system reserve.. It looks normal to me.. I am not sure why do we have to deactivate XDP11? What happens if we don't?

read the thread I linked at post #8 above - Rob explains it

from what David Strover said here, it may not apply if you are using the trial because that is not fully activated; but once the program is fully activated you can only:

a] deactivate/reactivate from within the program [help menu] at any time
    b]deactivate/reactivate on xara website, but only after 30 days from last activation for that computer

you change the operating system then you change the computer as far as the program is concerned and it will automatically deactivate revert to an non activated state may be a better way of putting it - so unless you deactivate first or wait until the end of the 30 day period, you will lose the use of the program on that computer [until the 30 day period has run out, when you can then reactivate on the xara website]

that said, it is only my understanding based on what Rob said; I don't work for xara

Just to see if I have this right.. My paid for version of XDP11 if I deactivate it before installing windows10, I can reactivate it without waiting 30 days... Is that right?

if you deactivate it from within the program help

that is what Rob said

Thank you