Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: PDF export issue

I'm pretty certain this is some other drafting program that our customer is using, although I also have SolidWorks experience. I have been even more perplexed, because I have seen several PDFs where I had to break shapes, _then_ it would print all the lines, or at least more of them. So Xara (and yes, those pedantics who will insist on the proper name, I know I am misusing it, but their new naming scheme sucks) has issues with PDFs that need addressed.

+1

Did I read that pdf improvements have been added to the 2015 releases?

Yes, but not in this functionality. Hopefully they take my feedback in the next service pack, although I'm not holding my breath. I would upgrade if they did so...

I think it could be an option for Xara to check line widths on import, and if 0 set them to be 1.

This comes up repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think it could be an option for Xara to check line widths on import, and if 0 set them to be 1.
    As long as the '1' is a 'pix.' The default is pt, and for the documents I've been working on, .25 pt makes more sense. (Or make the import linewidth an option - that may be the best option.)