Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

I did post an earlier topic about this. However I wish to extend the deadline, and also wanted to make a more prominent announcement about this in a neutral forum (because you don't have to be a Xara user to enter).

What it's about
    TalkGraphics will be moved to a new system and server in the near future. To coincide with the move, we'd like to give TalkGraphics a fresh lick of paint. That's where you come in...

We'd like you to get your software of choice opened, get your creative juices flowing and redesign TalkGraphics how you want it to be.

What you need to do.
    You can do either a logo or an entire page design with colors.

To give you an idea of what vBulletin looks like as standard (the sytstem we're moving to) this is their site's messageboard:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

There are a few requirements about the design:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>That it is something that isn't too large (in terms of download size, or 'real estate') and at the very least contains the word "TalkGraphics.com". You can change the page colors if you wish.
    <LI>You don't mind giving us your original artwork files, and then using them to redecorate TalkGraphics, and that we may adapt them to fit the needs of the messageboard design.
    <LI>That, if we choose your design, when we're customizing the rest of the messageboard you won't mind if we talk to you, get your opinions on colors etc.
    <LI>It's a design that you, as a user of TalkGraphics, won't mind looking at each day![/list]
    You don't have to design HTML or anything. If you're an artist concentrate on your art, and we'll do the techy work.

The winner
    We will probably hold a poll to gauge people on what they like; after all, these are your forums. This is the main reason for this competition, so that you can design the place you frequent.

However, as an additional incentive the winner will receive the entire Xara product suite.

Closing date for this is now July 22.

Please post images on your own website and then link to them from this thread. Or email them to me at antonyf AT xara.com. I will then host them. I am away on holiday now until next week though. Those that have entered via the thread in the Xara X forum do not need to repost, they will be included.

Thank you!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I wasn't going to take part in this but as you've extended the deadline, I think I might have a bash.
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

Allright! Here my proposal, comments are welcome!

http://www.lithium-design.com/temp/aram-proposal.jpg

Cheers,

Aram @ Lithium.Design Studio
    http://www.lithium-design.com

Wow, fantastic design, Aram. Very sleek .

That definitely works for me, Aram
    Lonnie

Thanks guys. I think it is good as a raw proposal but if it ever hits the pot I guess the coders would like to have extra stuff over there. I mean, I don't know if we can redesign the forum in its visuals, or this also means we can redesign some of its functionality, like adding new tools, etc? Could it be possible? For instance, wouldn't be great if the latest Xara Gallery image post gets also shown as a small thumbnail somewhere in the forum's main page?

http://www.lithium-design.com

That works for me too. One other thing I would like to see which I know can be done with vBulletin is the name of the topic starter as well as the last post by.

Sorry if this offends anyone but you can often tell if a topic is worth reading (especially when your short of time) by who started it.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Ah yes, that will be very nice. I have seen that in other forums; I guess that it falls into the "just visuals vs. also-functionality" redesign, uh?

Aram @ Lihtium.Design Studio
    http://www.ltihium-design.com

Yea, that is a nice and easy to interpret design... good job Aram

and yes, images of recent works posted etc can be done, and yes the name of the thread author can also be done, though the point concerning worthiness of topic via this option is somewhat mute after x number of replies to said posts...

Oh then, should I rework the proposal to add those new things we can have? Or it is irrelevant at this point? If I need to rework it, what things should I add --and that can be done??

Cheers