Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Is it possible to save text effects to easily apply to copy and pasted text?

You might want to explore Adobe Illustrator's Graphic Styles "A graphic style is a set of reusable appearance attributes" is how Adobe help describes it.
    This may be worth it, if you have lot to do. A free trial of Illustrator will work for 30 days and you may be able to import your Xara work into Illustrator to save some time (and decrease the Illustrator learning curve).
    Illustrator won't recognize certain aspects of Xara's features, like some fills and transparencies, so you would have to make some aspects of your designs directly in Illustrator.
    The neat thing about Graphic Styles is that they can all be saved and used in new projects. You may be able to get a legal copy of Illustrator CS5 or 6, which has this feature so that you don't get involved in the Creative Cloud debacle. Anyway, the link I provided in my first line will give you an insight into what it can do and whether it's worth investing any time & money away from Xara.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 16 June 2015 at 01:00 PM.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Is it possible to save text effects to easily apply to copy and pasted text?

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    You might want to explore Adobe Illustrator's Graphic Styles "A graphic style is a set of reusable appearance attributes" is how Adobe help describes it.
    This may be worth it, if you have lot to do. A free trial of Illustrator will work for 30 days and you may be able to import your Xara work into Illustrator to save some time (and decrease the Illustrator learning curve).
    Illustrator won't recognize certain aspects of Xara's features, like some fills and transparencies, so you would have to make some aspects of your designs directly in Illustrator.
    The neat thing about Graphic Styles is that they can all be saved and used in new projects. You may be able to get a legal copy of Illustrator CS5 or 6, which has this feature so that you don't get involved in the Creative Cloud debacle. Anyway, the link I provided in my first line will give you an insight into what it can do and whether it's worth investing any time & money away from Xara.
    Bob.
    Interesting you should mention all that. I am on the beta team for Adobe Illustrator and have access to the creative cloud apps. I know how dynamic Illustrator is but I honestly prefer Xara. There are some things Xara does so much better like import png graphics and textures. Acrobat does not do that very well. I've tried importing some textures into Adobe using that tool (whatever the name is) and at best I get a pattern or a texture but it is usually solid white in color and the actual texture is changed some. OTH, Xara takes the texture as is color and all, I just link the folder to Xara and it works, no fuss.