Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Mouse Over problems

I upgraded from a previous version of Xara WebDesign to version 9. Didn't actually use it since upgrading, but am now experiencing problems.
    I started with a new page 760x1250.
    Every page seems to have a very large white rectangle as the background. Due to this rectangle, I cannot rubberband around objects, since when I try to do so, the pointer moves the background. What's up?
    The Page/layer sidewindow (gallery) used to show exactly what is on each layer... in detail. Now there is no listing of items on the layer, all I get is a tiny miniature of the entire page/layer when I hover over the "3 stacked pages" icon to the left of the layer's name. What's up? How can I see what I am doing at a glance?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Knipsel.png 
Views:	259 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	107999
    I cannot get MouseOver to work. I have a layer called MouseDown now, which I don't know what to do with. I figured out how to do MouseOver in the previous version, it was tricky, but eventually it made sense. Now, no matter what I do I cannot get it to work. In the software I used previously (not Xara) I could place 2 similar pictures on top of each other and then "mousing over" the picture would cause it to change. WD apparently only allows MouseOvers for items that have a link. So, I added a link to the MouseOver layer. Doesn't work. Previous webpages created with WD with MouseOvers work just fine. They look exactly like what I am trying to create. It used to be, when I copied a rectangle (to create a simple button - this is just an example mind you), I would select the MouseOver layer and paste it in place. Add a link and it worked. Not any more. First of all, you cannot see that the rectangle actually pasted, because it no longer appears under the MouseOver layer (again I can only see it on the tiny image of the entire page/layer.
    Soft grouping the two rectangles (or anything else for that matter) is impossible, because I cannot rubberband around the object to select them both.

Is there something wrong with my program. Is this improvement in the newer version?

Can somebody please either tell me what is wrong, or help me figure out how MouseOver works in WD9 step by step?

David
    The Netherlands
    Last edited by DBoydNL; 11 June 2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Changed notification option