Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My top not isn't poppin' off.

Yo, before I pose my question I would like to say, one day the newbies who come after me are gonna thank for asking all the newbie question that they will want to ask but won't need to because I asked them all there by making their future Xara lives easier.

Alright, so I put a 50px h back ground on the top of my site and put a button in that I will use in the future. But when I view my site in the viewer, no top no part. The site starts with my nav bar area. What's the deal?

Default Re: My top not isn't poppin' off.

This could be a good learning experience for you.

Back background I am going to assume you mean a rectangle that is 50px tall. And as part of the learning experience, what can you tell me about the rectangle? Like, what layer is it on? Like is it sticky? Stretchy? When you select it, what options are available in the Arrange menu.

Sorry, there won't be an answer.

"50px h back ground" - Is this 'I created a rectangle the width of my design page that is 50px high, which I positioned this at the top of my page'?

Where is your NavBar in relation to this object?
    What Layer(s) are this object and the button that is "in that"?

Also "no top" and "no part" of what?

The deal will be you provide your design file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Smile Re: My top not isn't poppin' off.

Gary, cross-snapping,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So this is what it looks like in my design tool. When I preview it in the preview tool, the top, pink bar with the button doesn't show up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	114399

Is the 50px bar within the page or above it? Is it in a layer that's set to viewable? Why not attach the problem xar/web. Just copy the home page and paste it into a new web document, delete all non essential content, like the slider etc & attach that, no need for the whole site.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've attached the page to this response. I think I've figured out the problem though. I'm sure the problem is because the area I created is not on the page. How do I get it to appear on the page or extend the top of the page so that it shows up?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Iggy. Yes, the bar is not within the page boundry. I've deliberately recoloure the page green and pasteboard orange so it's more obvious to see the page limits. I've moved it onto the page. Quick way of viewing the problem in your file is to view in wireframe. See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

(smack upside the head)

Yeah, that's probably what I deserve!