Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problem with white flash on loading content into iframe

Help please,
    I need to prevent a white flash which appears for a brief moment when my iframe loads some new content on to a web page with a black background. the brief white flash only seems to appear when browsing pages in IE8 or lower. If I understand correctly one possible way to go about solving this is to add an alpha/opacity filter code snippet of some sort to the iframe or page? specifically with IE8 in mind. Would appreciate it if someone could provide me a working example of a way to achieve this in XWD. (example of problem included in attachment)
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Problem with white flash on loading content into iframe

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have no idea how to fix this, but check back. One of the more savvy members may have a suggestion.

Hope so Gary, it will take a big weight of my shoulders if someone is able to solve it for me

Very few people will still have IE8 installed in order to test this. As the problem is generated by IE8's rendering engine, I recommend updating IE (version 8 has serious security flaws in any case and should not be used, there are alternatives)
    https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guid...is-out-of-date

Quote Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
    Hope so Gary, it will take a big weight of my shoulders if someone is able to solve it for me
    You can try adding the following into the Page header: Page > HTML code (Head):
    Code:
    <script>
    // Prevent variables from being global      
    (function () {
          /*
              1. Inject CSS which makes iframe invisible
          */
        var div = document.createElement('div'),
            ref = document.getElementsByTagName('base')[0] || 
                  document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];

div.innerHTML = '­<style> iframe { visibility: hidden; } </style>';
        ref.parentNode.insertBefore(div, ref);
        /*
            2. When window loads, remove that CSS, 
               making iframe visible again
        */
        window.onload = function() {
            div.parentNode.removeChild(div);
        }

})();
    </script>
    The original detail is here: https://css-tricks.com/prevent-white-flash-iframe/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Point taken Steve,problem is analytic's indicate there is still a fair amount of local visitors to my website who are still using IE8 or lower to browse through it and it's not really an option for me to tell them what browser to use to visit it.I acknowledge I might need to compromise this issue in the site design but googling around suggests there are some successful work around's out there for this problem in IE8, Its just that as yet I haven't got one to work for me in XWD

Thanks Acorn for the help the script posted above hasn't solved the IE8 white flash problem though when implemented into XWD. So still looking for further help and ideas with this issue please.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
    Thanks Acorn for the help the script posted above hasn't solved the IE8 white flash problem though when implemented into XWD. So still looking for further help and ideas with this issue please.
    It should have as it is not dependent on the browser, the CSS is hiding the frameuntil oaded.
    The other setting is to make the background transparent so perhaps a combination of both will work: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...nsparent-in-ie.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It should have as it is not dependent on the browser, the CSS is hiding the frame until loaded.
    I think the problem here is that only page one is loaded, so your script will work and only reveal the iframe when it's loaded, but after this the button to "Change Iframe" loads a new iframe so as the browser already thinks the page as complete so your code no longer works ???

I see the Flash on previewing in Xara. I know the browser iXara uses for previews is IE but don't know what version. Perhaps Rob could enlighten us.

I also see the flash in ie11 & occasionally in FF but not Chrome or Opera.

It's a strange way to load iframes, don't know why it's being done this way.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think the problem here is that only page one is loaded, so your script will work and only reveal the iframe when it's loaded, but after this the button to "Change Iframe" loads a new iframe so as the browser already thinks the page as complete so your code no longer works ???

I see the Flash on previewing in Xara. I know the browser iXara uses for previews is IE but don't know what version. Perhaps Rob could enlighten us.

I also see the flash in ie11 & occasionally in FF but not Chrome or Opera.

It's a strange way to load iframes, don't know why it's being done this way.
    Xara's preview uses the IE version you have installed. There's no separate 'built-in' version for the Xara preview.

@scribbler: There's likely no solution to this, as the default background colour for an unloaded page is white, it takes IE a little while to parse any style for a page loaded into the iframe.
    Suggest to your clients that they use a better browser than IE.