Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watermarks

Default Re: Watermarks

Egg,
    Ah! That explains it. Obvious in hindsight.
    Erik

Default Re: Watermarks

Thanks for all of your efforts guys, in a way I'm relieved that it's nothing 'obvious' that I've missed but then I'd disappointed that there isn't a magic bullet somewhere.

If they ever make "Stamp Collecting" - the action movie no doubt the resident computer expert will be able to do it easily in seconds ....

I have tried several ways to enhance the watermark and haven't found anything that works really, as Acorn says 'lighter fuel' works almost as well as my very best effort.

The tricky part of this particular image was that the value of the 'normal' stamp (where you would see the watermark in reverse) is £2, if the watermark can be seen the right way round (Stanley Gibbons calls this 'reversed') then the value is £75 ... you can see my interest!

Erik spoke of fluressence ... another topic .... I think that the light from a scanner is very broad and includes UV and IT spectrums therefore phosphore etc OUGHT to react and we OUGHT to be able to process the image to revel this - I can't do that either ....

HOWEVER ... the detail (both of watermark and Phosphors) IS there and there should be a way to filter out the rest.

The search goes on ...

Bob