Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default trouble with text effects

I am getting to grips with Web Designer 10 Premium. I can get some quite eye catching headings for my pages by using a large font for the text and a fill colour with a contrasting outline. When I preview the page, all I get is the fill colour and the line colour has gone missing.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance

Default Re: trouble with text effects

Usually, the application tries to render text as text and some effects don't succeed.
    As these are headings, select the text and then select Arrange > Group.
    This makes the text into an object and will be rendered as an image.

The text is still editable and the image has Alt Text of the original wording.
    The downside is a user cannot copy & paste and the image will take up more download bandwidth.

I sometimes clone text block and resize, colour and distort to achieve snazzy effects. When I publish, it is still text.

To wrestle with what works, apply one effect at a time and preview until you lose the effect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Another thing you can do is apply a contour to your text set the contour to 1 step and apply a colour by dragging a colour from your colourline and dropping it on your contour. You have a box where you can type in a point size for your contour or a slider to adust it or you can adjust it using the red arrows around the text. The Contour tool also gives you 3 different join settings that affect how the contour wraps around the corners.

This will also be rendered as an image upon export to html but there is no need to group it and thus no need to ungroup it to edit it in your Xara doucument. And a contour is generated outside the text while an outline applied with the line width dropdownl actually overlaps the text so as your outline gets thicker your text gets thinner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I found your answer very right @angelize