Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatic page re-sizing below DIV in place holder

Hi,
    I am hoping someone will be able tp help with this problem.
    I am using web designer premium 10.

I have added some ecwid code into a place holder so as to have a shop widget on this page.
    http://www.skills999.co.uk/blank.htm

The trouble is is that when the shop widget expands it covers the footer and you can only see half of it and the page does not re-size.
    I know that I could manually re-size the page to be the longest I might need it to be but this is messy.
    I would like the page to automatically re-size as the widget expands and retracts.

I have also tried putting the code into the body and changing the push sizes.
    I have also tried to copy the page footer code into the bottom of the place holder but cant get that to work either.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thank you

Default Re: Automatic page re-sizing below DIV in place holder

Hi

I had the same problem with this issue a while back and from what I know there is no way that the page will lengthen and shorten according to the ecwid widget. This was one of the reasons I moved to adobe muse, which will do exactly what you want to do. There is a dynamic footer widget but I have never got it to work and I don't think it does with ecwid.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: Automatic page re-sizing below DIV in place holder

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Hi

I had the same problem with this issue a while back and from what I know there is no way that the page will lengthen and shorten according to the ecwid widget. This was one of the reasons I moved to adobe muse, which will do exactly what you want to do. There is a dynamic footer widget but I have never got it to work and I don't think it does with ecwid.
    Hi,

I have tried a few things to get it to work but without success. I also use wysiwyg and was able to copy the footer div code into the place holder underneath the ecwid div (remove the actual footer) and it worked fine.
    Just can't isolate the footer code in xara web design to add it to the placeholder.