Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What's wrong with my website?

I use CloudFlare and unless you invoke Dev Mode all changes take several hours to be reflected. This is awkward if you are changing things frequently.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    That sounds more like a cache problem. Not with your local cache but with the one at your ISP.
    How do I fix this cache problem at my ISP?

Ask them if they are using an CDN service, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network.
    If so, what are its protocols for use.
    If not, you need to collect some evidence of your problem.
    Make a small change and clear all local browser caching and document any changes and when they occur.

Beyond that, I don't know.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There is not much you yourself can do, it's all in the hands of your ISP and that of your visitors. If the site displays properly on your machine then when it is uploaded new visitors will see the changes immediately. repeat visitors will see them after their own ISPs have refreshed their cache. I've left out some buts and ifs but that is essentially how it goes.

Edit: Ninja'd by Acorn

I'm having the same problem again. I'm trying to publish a brand new website & it seems to be pulling up some stuff from the old website and some stuff from the new. Anyone have a way to fix this? Does it look like this for you?

www.luckypawsmn.comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	109405

Yes, it looks like that to me - a bit of a mess!

Any ideas what is wrong?

At a wild guess your new version of the website didn't complete loading and you have the old images in place which should have been replaced on upload.

This is the first time I have uploaded the new file & its on a newer version of the program (wd10 vs old version wd7).

It has given me a "General FTP error" as well when it uploaded the first couple times, but didn't do it the last two times I tried.

Also, it's finishing the upload, then going through the process again. Is this due to the mobile version of the website?

Heather, either delete all your old files on your server & re upload OR create a subfolder and upload to that.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host