Hi,

I want to use a transition effect whereby when the cursor is moved over an icon, an overlay fades in over the top of the icon.

Basically, this is for a photography website and I have a series of about a dozen images as thumbnails (roughly 200x200 pixels) and when you move the mouse over each one the title of the photograph appears over the thumbnail.

I can achieve this effect using individually created pop-up layers, so that each of the dozen or so photograph thumbs (on the MouseOff layer) has a corresponding pop-up layer with the title of the photograph overlayed onto the image. I specify in the 'web properties' box which pop-up layer to use for each thumbnail (in the Mouse-Over tab) and there is an option here to change the 'effect'. I set the effect to fade.

So this does what I want but the problem is that it creates lots of layers on each page, which is getting un-manageable.

Is there any way to use the MouseOver layer to get the same effect, therefore only requiring the one MouseOver layer instead of numerous seperate pop-up layers?

I am able to use the MouseOver layer to place the thumbnail overlays so that they appear when the cursor is moved over the photograph thumb, but I cant find any way to set a transition effect to make the overlays on the MouseOver layer fade in.

So my question is, can transition effects be set for images in the MouseOver layer and how?

I am using Xara Web Designer 9 Premium.

Many thanks
Tom