Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default When publishing website, does desig 9 prem remove obsolete files from server?

Hi

Could someone tell me if Web Designer 9 Premium removes the files that I published in previous uploads that I have deleted before re-publishing?

Because of the inability to publish only selected pages, I had to delete several pages which I used to store codes, graphics, notes etc. that I use on my site. Do I have to manually go into my web server's files, search for obsolete files and then delete them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

Default Re: When publishing website, does desig 9 prem remove obsolete files from server?

In Publish Settings if you check the Fast Publish option, then I believe Xara consults the index.xhl file to determine what has changed and only makes those changes.

Xara also deletes old files at the end of the publish.

Default Re: When publishing website, does desig 9 prem remove obsolete files from server?

It would appear to do so. Just do a simple test site contaning 3 different coloured star shapes. Export the website and view the content of the index_htm_files folder. All the stars are there in both 96ppi & 150 ppi (whatever)

Now back in Xara file delete all the stars and replace them with 3 different sized and coloured circles.

Re-export the website.

Reopen the index_htm_files and all the star images are no longer present and all the circle images are.

Can't be totaly sure of this, maybe Rob can confirm?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Folks.

That definitely answered my question.

Sorry just saw this, was away last week.

Yes, Xara deletes any obsolete files after publishing the new ones using the xr_files.txt as a comparison I believe. It does not however delete external files that have been imported into your document (such as .mp4/3, .swf, .pdf, .docx etc). If you delete any movies, music or links to pdf or other files from your website in Xara, you would need to remove them from the support folder and from your FTP server manually.

Thanks
    Rob