Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: cropping a photo

Here's how I do it:

Thanks Steve.

Why don't you just type the sizes you want into the cropping box ... i.e. 4" x 4" and move it to where you want it?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why don't you just type the sizes you want into the cropping box ... i.e. 4" x 4" and move it to where you want it?
    The numbers you type in don't stick; even if the "Lock Aspect" box is unticked. Even if you do put in say 4 and 4 then tick Lock, as soon as you try to drag the box around, the size jumps to a proportion of the original image.

If you click in the box TYPE "4" ENTER, Click in the next box TYPE "4" ENTER then they should form a 4" x 4" square - They stuck for me. DON'T TICK LOCK, leave the box unlocked and DON'T try and drag it by the edges. Once the square is formed move it from the inside of the box CLICK AND DRAG.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks, but that's unworkable. I want to accurately crop around an object and can't accurately determine the size of the box without dragging around it first. I want to be able to resize the box by dragging the corner handles

Go to admit I can't get to work either Keith. It just locks to photo aspects, no 1:1 ratio. Am I missing something?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Hushpower View Post
    Thanks, but that's unworkable. I want to accurately crop around an object and can't accurately determine the size of the box without dragging around it first. I want to be able to resize the box by dragging the corner handles
    Sure you can .... Drag the box to the approximate size you want it, and you can see what size the clipping rectangle/square is in the infobar. If it shows as 4.9" x 4.6", then edit it to 4.9" x 4.9" and follow the instructions. You can always see what you are clipping until you press the clip button.

EDIT:

Basically all you need to do is crop to what you want, then adjust the dimensions to be a perfect square.
    Keith