Quote Originally Posted by jon404 View Post
Mike W -- surprised by your note about the crop marks...Am just assuming that DPX would burp out a set of PDFs, one for each color, all with your reg marks, if they were on the artboard?
Quote Originally Posted by The Other Gary
Mike - Per Jon's comment, see attached.
Thank you both for your responses. It isn't actually about what I wrote, though Jon came closest with the bolded/italicized part of his quote above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001701.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	102956

Is what I am talking about. In Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXpress, PagePlus, DrawPlus, CorelDraw, etc., etc., those reg targets will be on all plates. This is because of using a color named Registration. Though one can also set an object(s) to also print on all plates. And I mean all plates, like Pantone plates.

So how does XDP do? It doesn't put those reg targets on Spot plates. To be fair, the issue is "Print" on all plates. And it does put those reg targets on all plates when printing separations to PDF, but only when the print to PDF is set to separations and not a composite print that does keep the spots separate.

There is no facility to have those reg targets hit the PDF on ALL plates when using the Export to PDF function, which every other application I mention does. See below...no reg targets on the spot plates. XDP needs to do this for both screen printing and packaging design. And while those are two industries I am involved with (more screen printing than packaging design) I suspect there are other industries this applies to. Heck, even having N-up business cards on a single sheet using Pantone colors needs this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001702.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	102957

Mike