Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X10 Released

I've decided to buy a new battery for my portable drill and a couple of new shirts.

Come on folks there is no need to feel hurt. Just look at the threads here when you hit What's New most days, 2/3 are web questions. Now if you were a small software company what would you do, pander to a small but loyal group of sketchers or keep the people who are buying your software?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Oh well, nothing in there for me. Still no vector drawing improvements/enhancements so upgrading is useless for me. Guess I share some of the sentiments in here: looks more like it's a dumb down version regarding the drawing tools.

Anyway: a question for v10-owners: is the output dpi still limited to 300dpi or can I set it higher - or infinite ? can someone check it out?

if you mean export dpi Fred, you can type in a higher value, I regularly use 600dpi - always been able to do that AFAIK
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you mean export dpi Fred, you can type in a higher value, I regularly use 600dpi - always been able to do that AFAIK
    Doesn't work for me, guess it's the image limit then. It's now 30.000 px square (-ish) I think. I need bigger pictures! (And pdf doesn't work on my images as well, so that is not an option).

Not Surprised

Adding flippin wingdings to it rather than fixing the type engine with is way behind the times and doesn't support opentype features ... then I'll keep my money too. I would have paid £80 for that alone.

Way to make Xara look like a 90s app. Wow! New templates.

I suspect there's no one there that actually knows the code of the render / vector engine any more at Xara ... so they keep bolting stuff on top rather than getting under the hood and improving the nuts and bolt of the vehicle. Xara now reminds me of this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970674_10151639300017177_1879960040_n.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	102951  

Quote Originally Posted by humblenations View Post
    ... Xara now reminds me of this:
    That's an insult! That car is French!

but can I change the colour by pressing ctrl+alt+shft+S?

Quote Originally Posted by humblenations View Post
    ...Adding flippin wingdings to it rather than fixing the type engine with is way behind the times and doesn't support opentype features ... then I'll keep my money too. I would have paid £80 for that alone...
    Hah, Since I got XDP6 I've gotten so use to flipping over to, well, anything else and doing type for the alternates, etc., converting to curves and getting that back into XDP that I completely forgot about this.

Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Come on folks there is no need to feel hurt. Just look at the threads here when you hit What's New most days, 2/3 are web questions. Now if you were a small software company what would you do, pander to a small but loyal group of sketchers or keep the people who are buying your software?
    Totally agree. Xara/Magix will always prioritise adding new features that will result in greater sales and therefore greater profit. Nothing wrong with that.

But workers do tend to become attached to their tools. Well I do anyway.
    Authentic IT - Web Design and IT Consultancy, Penzance

Fred - you can type in whatever DPI you want for output.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365