Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Photo looks discussion thread

Yes, I read that too John, it seemed to me that they have discontinued it from the suite. It doesn't say it will no longer run .... I've sent a ticket to Xara support anyway. I'll see what they say. Don't you ever sleep it's 3 a.m. there ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It's my nocturnal genes - my ancestors were fireplace guardians in some of the best caves
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Support replied as follows:

"It does appear Photolooks needs a more beefier graphics card to run, it does take a lot of resources rendering the images and effects. On the bright-side, not long now before you can sell the card as an antique."

Pretty much what I expected ....
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

TBH Keith you are not missing much. I think that Xara should pull photolooks I always had issues with it even with an good graphics card and a quad core PC. When I contacted Xara support I was told they had to pass my issues on to Red Giant so now that RG is no longer supporting it it makes no sense to keep it bundled.

. I use ON1 photo suite for most of my photo editing. It doesn't work as a plugin with Xara but it's awesome as a stand alone and you can get a version of the perfect effects module free. http://www.on1.com/apps/effects9free/

The folks at ON 1 posted once in their blog that they might be looking at supporting other non Adobe hosts in the future and Serif is pushing to get their foot in the door. I wish the folks at Xara would jump on this. http://www.on1.com/blog/page/5/
    Last edited by angelize; 13 October 2015 at 07:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes. I've had a look at PERFECT EFFECTS 9 FREE ... Trouble is my "wonderful" computer hasn't got a snowball's chance of running it. These are the specs it requires ... Since it needs *GB RAM that makes it a 64 bit machine, which I don't have.

If anyone rich wants to send me a new computer, I'll let you have my address ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015.10.13_22h51m20s_001.png 
Views:	573 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	110558

It needs much more power that PHOTO LOOKS. However, my office laptop runs Photo Looks fine, and to be honest, I'm not too bothered anyway. I have lots of other programs and Plugins that do the same job, and I don't use them either.
    Keith

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ohh yeah I forgot about the older computer I'd still love to see an On plug in that would run with Xara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.