Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Free Geometric Font.

Hi Ami, Welcome to talkgraphics!

Thanks for sharing with us. I like what you have started here but I think you might want to consider improving the legibility of the font. It's a bit too hard to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I agree with Frances
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for your feedback Angelize! I understand what you mean but there is kind of a reason for this.

I should have really explained the idea behind my typeface more clearly! I designed this typeface for my final major project for my degree. My dissertation was based on finding if aesthetics was valued more over function, I then applied this to a typeface as they are usually used to communicate which would be functional but instead I have made the characters more of a visual form. I then published this as a font to see if people would accept it for its visual qualities. It would only ever be used for headline text etc not body copy.

From this, I produced a book that gave hints to the Thesis behind the typeface through photography, graphics and type. An example of one page was of a stained glass window as this does not totally function as a window as you can not see it, it is often just used as decoration.

Thanks for sharing your font with us. I think it would be nice to use it as an initial cap or drop cap.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Very attractive design.

Thank you for your feedback Barbara B and gwpriester!

Could anyone tell me if I am able to tag people so they know I have replied to them please?

Thanks,
    Ami