Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Version 10 programs - What do you think might be next?

Bigger output (or pdf's that somewhat ressemble my images ). And vector fills as an addition to bitmap fills.

Yeah Fred, that would be good but it would need to be a Pattern Tool. Of all the vector tools introduced by Adobe for Illustrator from the start of CS right through to CC this of the new tools the one I have used the most. It could be good also for the web development area as a background wizard and could stay vector through html.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    To get the effect in area 1, I had to do what is shown in area 2...
    An FYI on my process, in case you hadn't thought of it: I blended from a background object given almost 100% transparency, to the top object. You can even duplicate the fills on both, to achieve a graduated fill throughout if you wish, but for best results both objects should have the same number of nodes, and those nodes should be of the same general geometry. Graduated feathering would be a big improvement, and I think your own process is easier than mine even though it doesn't give true graduated feathering. It looks great, though!

David

Suggeted tools and additions:

- simple dynamical CAD-like tools like: distances, area's and angles. We know Xara calculates them on the fly (look at the toolbar ...) but it would be very nice to have the opportunity to insert them in a drawing and have them updated on the fly.
    - Real vector brushes. Xara improved tremendously with the pressure sensitive brushes but it needs more if it wants to compete with CorelDraw or Illustrator.
    -One addition which would be welcomed very much is the possibility to make ones own line starts and endings. These arrows offered by Xara are not really up to date.
    - editable dashes
    - Layers within layers

1. Colour management. Could you please make the choosing/assigning of colour profiles possible - after all, this software is made for the actual printing of layouts, logos, business cards, flyers etc.
    2. Simulate print colours. What printer/profile is this feature simulating? The colours don't look anything like the same files in CorelCraw which are very accurate....
    3. Rotatable guide lines for aligning object/text that are at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    ...3. Rotatable guide lines for aligning object/text that are at an angle.
    Yes to #1...#2 is then taken care of.

#3. You can draw any shape on the guideline layer, be it a line or a shape, have it at any angle, and it is a guide. No need for rotating Xara's guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Yes to #1...#2 is then taken care of.

#3. You can draw any shape on the guideline layer, be it a line or a shape, have it at any angle, and it is a guide. No need for rotating Xara's guidelines.

Just tried tat - don't understand.
    Say I have a rotated rectangle on layer 1 - I the create some text and rotate that to the same angle - how do I line up the baseline of the text with base of the rectangle?

I agree with the line start - ends updated and I would add merged into one tool. As in add symbol to selected end. Ie add arrow head to both ends of line :-)

...Add slicer tool with ability to draw a custom line to slicing with...
    If I understand you right, draw the line extending beyond the boundaries of the object/image, select both and press ctrl+4
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Talking Re: Version 10 programs - What do you think might be next?

Thanks zaphodeist I remember that but I ask for a direct tool
    In all of my suggestion I know many ways to do any thing in Xara but I ask for easy and direct tools
    in clipart gallery i can't see thumps for EPS files and other vector files WMF EMF CDR and i ask to use the system to view files that will save time .