Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I didn't have any problem with the color editor either. But I did notice from your example that your original fill color was a brown, which would likely have an R value of 100. So it could just be bouncing back to show the original fill values.
    I don't know. "Try again" is my only advice. - AF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ColorEditor_Pic.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	18724  

Another point.

If you are sampling colors from a bitmap image you can get a wide range of colors. The attached image includes a blow up one of the stars. Each color of blue is slightly different.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixels.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	939  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soquili:
    Hi Todd,

It sounds like your color units are set to percent. Open the Utilities > Options and select Units. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill hit right on the head you need to set your values to units. i used your numbers and had a perfect match also.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Guys,..I'm ashamed and embarrassed. Thanks Mike for pointing out the obvious. I had the units set to percent. All is well with the world and Xara now. Again,...my apologies for sucj a bone head question.

I hate when I can't figure something out on my own. I feel like it sets me back 10 giant steps!

Todd

Todd,

I don't think it is such a bone head question/issue!

I tripped up on this quite often when I first started using XARA. I always have to advise new users in my company of this.

That is why I WISH there was an OPTION (enabled as the default state), when switching from CMYK to RGB to AUTOMATICALLY change the color units to 0-255 and vice-versa when switching back from RGB to CMYK.

If the option were unchecked, then things would work the way they are now.

Todd its the obvious that gets us every time http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Todd, I've been there and done that. The only 'bone head' question is the one that isn't asked.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I tried to enter CMYK values picked from Photoshop into Xara X, and ended up with very different looking colors (values). I guess Xara X doesn't compensate for print colors like Photoshop does, but perhaps that's not the issue here...
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I tried to enter CMYK values picked from Photoshop into Xara X, and ended up with very different looking colors (values). I guess Xara X doesn't compensate for print colors like Photoshop does, but perhaps that's not the issue here... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to Windows > Show Printer Colors > Simulate Print Colors.

Gary