Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Garbled pages on GoDaddy

Hi,

I'm helping a friend who is hosting a fairly simple site with GoDaddy. She's using WD MX Premium. Her site previews perfectly on her computer or mine. Her FTP profile is set up properly, and with "Explore Web Space" we can see the files on the server. However, when she publishes directly from Xara, the pages wind up with some elements missing, some graphics only partially loading, navigation bars being incomplete on some pages, etc. GoDaddy's tech help suggested "Quit using Xara" ... not an option for her. I have cleared her folders and reloaded using FileZilla, and all looks fine. Here's one bit of info about that. When I cleared and reloaded the "index_htm_files" folder, the site looked the same. When I cleared the main folder ("public_html") and reloaded that, the site was OK, so it appears the problem may be in uploading the page (.htm) files. Any ideas/suggestions?

Default Re: Garbled pages on GoDaddy

Ken, I experienced the same thing with Xara Design 7 Premium. All I did was add keywords under Website Properties page. Today everything is a mess. I am kind of lost as to your explanation to fix the problem. Can you contact me directly to help me resolve my problem?

Michael ... give me contact info.

Check that the program has received the free updates - Help>>Check for updates - as patches were delivered to fix this issue caused by Microsoft.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks ... will try that and report back if it fixes the problem. Not surprised it may have been caused by a Microsoft "improvement."

Bingo! That seems to have solved the problem. I made a small change to the footer, which repeats on every page, so they all had to be changed. The upload completed as expected, with all pages now rendering properly! I will try to remember to look for updates the next time something that was working suddenly stops working!

Xara and TalkGraphics are fantastic ... THANK YOU!

Good one! The changes by MS affected IE11 - even if you never actually use IE Xara did for uploading purposes, so they've changed to some other method now [the details are way over my head ]
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Anytime you can avoid relying on MS, you decrease your potential frustration level. Good to hear Xara has found something that doesn't depend on them for uploading web pages. I never do use IE ... I use Firefox and Chrome.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!