Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shape not Changing

If I type in something like "Book" then highlight it with the selector tool. Then go to Arrange> Convert to Editable Shapes and go back and unclick/click it has not changed into an editable shape. Obviously I'm missing something.

Bob

Default Re: Shape not Changing

Don't select the text with the text tool. Make sure you only click once using the Selector Tool (the arrow). The text cursor cannot be active in the text block.

Thanks for the tip, but I did everything according to the help file and according to a video I watched. Still nothing. I feel like I'm either doing something out of sequence or something is unchecked or checked whichever the case maybe. I thought maybe it might be corrupt, but I still have 2013 on my computer and it would work either.

Bob

When you convert text to editable object you need to ungroup it twice to be able to edit it with the shape editor tool.

Christine

While you do not have to actually ungroup once converted to curves (you can double click on a single letter and alter its shape with the shape editor), it aids in doing so.

If you text line appears like this on your screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001075.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	100490

Press CTRL + Shift + S (or right-click and choose convert to editable shapes) and in the layer gallery, does it show up like this:

Name:	capture-001076.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	100491

If so, with the group still selected, press CTRL + U TWICE to ungroup. You should then see this in the layer group (and on-screen):

Name:	capture-001077.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	100492

Mike

That did it.
    Thank you Ma'am

Bob

Thanks mwenz for the detailed version. It cleared up a lot