Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default AddUnnamedColours

** EDIT - there are two n's in the key so it is AddUnnamedColours - i cannot edit the title of this thread... **

...is a registry key [.....Options\Filters]

when the value is 1 then all colours in use in the document, both named and unnamed, will appear in the name gallery as soon as they are created/imported [until such time as all instances are deleted]

this is of great value to my workflow, for example when importing vector shapes [no need to save, close reopen program], and for selecting things on the basis of unnamed colour on the fly

somehow it got set[reset?] to a value of 0 and had me scratching my head and reaching for my notes.. always keep notes!

[0 is the default value, I am pretty sure, for xdpx at least, maybe I forgot to reset it on a restore - I'm pretty sure there is no option for this in the program]
    Last edited by angelize; 10 January 2014 at 06:48 PM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: AddUnnamedColours

Hi Steve. I fixed the post title for you. I'm sure this could be a handy tip for those who are comfortable editing the registry. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Note: The usual caveats apply when editing the registry. You do this at your own risk, and if you are not comfortable with editing the registry it's best not to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I have added it to the options available in XART when we actually get it finished
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Thanks Frances

Grace I'm still here, but not been around much for a good few months as I've been doing raster airbrush stuff and learning win 8/8.1 - have to say as a freehand artist, win8.1 is a great improvement in smoothness and response when using a wacom bamboo [now rebranded intuos] - the apps though are in a sandbox they don't even get on the web to waste bandwidth [many thanks to classic shell, winaero, firewalls that work, et al]