Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Couple of Problems

Hi Guys,

Just tying up a few last things on my website www.image23.fr.

I have added a shop to facebook and all is straightforward, except my website has a black BG and hence has White Text, as you know Facebook has a white BG and my text appears invisible.

I really had a good look around to see a soloution, thinking that all I needed to do was to make the ECWID container Black instead of transparent and therefore would show up in the FB page, but I can not see anything in the CSS to enable me to do it.

So either I have to change pretty much my colour scheme of my site, which I am really happy with or not have a shop on FB.

Can anyone advise if a workaround is available.

Prob No2

I have a bi-lingual site in Eng and Fr and when making changes I can't make use on repeat on all pages option, is there a clever way of being able to use the option as it makes updating time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
    Den

Default Re: Couple of Problems

Your ecwid shop, no matter where you host it (your domain or facebook) is the same shop. But recently ecwid have added an option to allow you to have seperate designs on the facebook app to your main site; simply add the code below to any css rules and they will be specific to your facebook store:

div.ecwid_facebook_app

So to change the background to white add the following css

div.ecwid_facebook_app {
    background-color:white;
    }

So basically if you have created a css rule to have a black background for your main site then create another one with the above code and change it to a white background for your facebook store, and of course you will have to create facebook specific css rules for the text as well to darken it. But really you should be asking questions about ecwid over on the ecwid forums for quick and thorough answers from the experts.

As for the second problem, I can't think of a way of having repeating objects set to different sites, so as far as I know you will have to do it manually, for that sort of thing you really need to use a cms such as wordpress which has these abilities via language plugins.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi Sketch,

Sorry I take your point about asking questions on ECWIG. I just so much good advice here, it is just become habit.

The code you gave me did the trick, I have been looking all morning to find something like that, thanks very much indeed.

OK I thought as much with the 2nd problem.

Thanks again,
    Den

No problems, really. It's just that ecwid customisations can get really complicated and some of the css can conflict if you simply try and do it by right clicking an element and viewing the css code for it; that is why I suggest the first port of call as the ecwid forums, or rather the ecwid knowledge base first and then the ecwid forums, and if you still have problems then the support team, they're a small team but very helpful.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk