Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: [Dsgnr pro9] Can I ditch the print page setup, and use the printers dialog?

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    ...Mike's way would be simple to do but PDF changes the colour output from RGB to CMYK so colours may look washed out.
    If'n one desires RGB in a PDF, just make it that way. One can change the output color model in the PDF export.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000879.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	99985  

Default Re: [Dsgnr pro9] Can I ditch the print page setup, and use the printers dialog?

Having wasted paper and ink lots, I always use Window > Show Print Borders.
    When it is really important I create a separate layer and copy all the objects set to no fill and a thin line and print that onto plain paper to save time and ink to be really sure it fits as I want it.

Acorn

I've been doing digital printing since 1994 professionally, and even longer on my own, but I have essentially never wasted paper nor ink/toner. I guess my understanding of page size, print area, deletion areas (areas around the edge that a printer cannot print), and designing documents intended for print - I've never really encountered a problem printing what I intended based on a given design. I find all of the mentions of wasted paper and ink kind of surprising, as what a given printer can and cannot do, and what steps need to be taken at the design stage to insure a minimal of printing errors. I find it easy and obvious - I can't imagine how one could screw that up...?