Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple question regarding popups and layers

I'm beginning to work with the Countryside template. I thought I understood layers from my work on a previous website. But I don't understand why the 5 popups (and the group of 5 overlay photos) are defined on every one of the pages when they only apply to one of the website pages. I can't find any mention of this in the help files. As a test, I deleted one popup definition and it disappeared from all of the pages. So I assume if I modify one of them, the definition will change on all pages ... but why?

Before I go any further, I'd like to understand this point. Thanks in advance for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LayerQuestion.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	99844

Default Re: Simple question regarding popups and layers

You've got this checked probably

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	99845

As for the photos, have you set them to repeat on all pages?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the Same Layers setting is checked. But turning it OFF doesn't remove the layers from other pages. Yet they can be deleted individually without affecting the one page that uses them ... which isn't the case with the setting ON. Here's the only line I could find in X9 help:
    You can choose whether the pages in your document should be all the same size or not, and whether or not all pages should have the same layers.
    I want to mention that the main reason I picked Countryside is that the template has a 5-layer tab panel on the third page. It's exactly what I need for some of my content.

I did notice that although Popup Layers 1-5 are defined on every page, only those on page 3 have any content. Since Countryside is one of the newer templates, is it possible that the setting is a simple oversight by the creator(s) of the template? One thing's for sure: having them (and the photos) duplicated on every page makes the template appear much more complex than is needed for the template's sample content.

As I said, before I go any further, I'd like to understand what is a big gray area for this template. What is the possible purpose of having those particular layers on every page? (BTW, at this point I haven't added any of my own content to the template.)

Any insight will be appreciated.

A day's worth of reading and testing has brought me an understanding of how I fell into the problems I described. Basically, I had circumvented the Standard Procedure for starting a new set of web pages. I had used the File > New to create a new document (and guessed at the likely page size ... 980, I recall). I then dragged the "Website" page from the gallery onto my new document. It laid over my defined page and took on the current "Page Options", which included the Same Layers default (among other things). I noticed some page misalignments, but I just assumed that was how a starting page set would look. But that's where I began to encounter problems like the duplicated layer defs.

Here is the proper way to start a new web site from a template:

Open the Designs Gallery by clicking the Designs Gallery tab on the Galleries bar ... or select "File" > "New from Designs Gallery".
    The "Web Theme" folders in the gallery contain collections of website designs and associated graphic files that each follow a specific theme.

Double click to open any file as a new document.
    Thanks for the help that was given. Hopefully, this topic will save others from duplicating my initial missteps.