Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default text and/or images uploading clipped

Any idea why the text and/or images are uploading to my website in a clipped style? Am using XDP7 and have tried various page sizes as well as text only, image only pages. When previewed in 3 browers all is fine. Exported no problem and only after uploading are the clipped images appearing. Will attach basic screenshot example as seen after upload.
    Thanks for the help!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clip img.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	99594

Default Re: text and/or images uploading clipped

There is a general problem with IE11 - even if you don't actually use it yourself. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ng-FTP-publish MS have been upating Windows7 with IE11 too. If it is on your computer best thing is to use a 3rd party FTP program, Filezilla for example, until Xara try to sort out the mess IE11 is causing
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Will give Filezilla a try. After 2 days of tweaking, deleting, altering and uploading a plethora of pages I suppose I should have checked TG first. Anyway, I'm on Win 7 (32 bit) with XPD7 and am looking forward to a fix. So upgrading to XPD9 won't help as far as ftp issues?
    Thanks for the link John!

So upgrading to XPD9 won't help as far as ftp issues?
    No problem No, not if IE11 is on your computer. Xara devs are working on it. They'll get it sorted asap. Not just a Xara problem btw, IE11 is getting a lot of moans
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

First I've moved this thread into the Xara web design forum. Second I have run into this too the update to IE 11 on my Windows 7 OS messed me up too. I'm using DP9 so that is affected too. Filezilla does work just fine for me. It's quite easy to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlogic View Post
    After 2 days .. .. I suppose I should have checked TG first.
    I think TG is fun every day rather than just when there's a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think TG is fun every day rather than just when there's a problem!
    Could not agree more! Would love to have more time on TG but being a long distance trucker does not allow for it. Home for the holidays so I get to use XARA (and see family). Unfortunately, XARA is NOT functioning properly so I eagerly await a patch/update so I can update some sites before hitting the road again In the meantime, Filezilla & family.

I just looked at what versions you have. In what way is it not functioning properly? You may not get a patch/update for your versions., I don't know if you can get patches for older versions or not.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I just looked at what versions you have. In what way is it not functioning properly? You may not get a patch/update for your versions., I don't know if you can get patches for older versions or not.
    Hi Larry - Are you suggesting that XDP7 may not be covered in a patch/update that is supposed to rectify the ftp (Windows/ie11) upload issue? Zaphodeist has kindly supplied the link that discusses the problem...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ng-FTP-publish

I was able to update a website without the use of a 3rd party ftp (Filezilla...) by uploading the exported site files using the server's control panel. It is a tedious process since each file must be uploaded individually with this method. Filezilla will enable all files to upload at one time but if you're only making minimal changes the direct to server upload worked fine. Nevertheless, a patch/update from XARA will be greatly appreciated.