Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Installing Alien Skin Xenofex 2 and Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 on XDPX9

have you had these working before on two separate computers? - some programs don't allow it, and that includes some plugins, although I don't have these so I don't know if it's the case [I assume they are bought or bundled and not free]

if your operating system and your security settings and software is the same on both computers it's otherwise difficult to say - you can always try the right click and install as administrator, or install in compatibility mode for a previous windows version - but if John can install them that's a long shot maybe...

Default Re: Installing Alien Skin Xenofex 2 and Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 on XDPX9

Actually, on checking I have them still under XDPX, though I can't see why this would make a difference. Also, as you can see, the EC is in its own folder not the Alien Skin folder [inside which is the Xenoflex2 folder]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	as.png 
Views:	451 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	101139
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

no - just floating ideas really - in my experience though, two computers are never identical there must be some differences for this to happen, and security/admin settings is the usual culprit, or maybe some missing DLL or other component

EDIT - or registry problem of course....

Where you have them installed does not look right to me. Can you find and move the files to Xara/picture editor/PS plug-ins?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The files are in Xara/picture editor/PS plug-ins. I have no idea why I'm getting the error. I've also tried it with another installation of XDPX. Same error.
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover