Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default EPS image stating 'No Objects Selected'

I'm struggling on this one... I've had a new logo designed and am using XWD9P. Before starting this project, the designer sent his logo to me in EPS format to make sure it would open OK in the program. It did. Now he's designed our new logo and sent it over as an EPS file, XWD9P doesn't want to acknowledge its existence. There is no 'error message' coming up. When selecting the object to import (and I've tried the drag and drop method as well) the only item that comes up on the bottom of the Xara screen is 'no objects selected' which clearly isn't true.

if someone is able to help me then that'd be great. The EPS file has been uploaded to dropbox so if someone could pm their email address I'd be happy to invite you to the dropbox thingy to have a look at the file and see why this issue may be cropping up.

thanks in advance
    Autoevo

Default Re: EPS image stating 'No Objects Selected'

anyone have any thoughts? I've noted that the designers original logo states 'importing illustrator CS2 EPS' and this version works. So I reported that back to my designers who states he has Illustrator Creative Cloud which came after CS6... so he's back saved the file as a CS2 EPS file and still nothing!

this is so flaming frustrating..... what's stopping WD9P from recognising the EPS files?!

just to update the above... my designer opened his old version of CS and saved the file. Now it gets the error message "error detected in EPS file at line 8515 [83]"

any idea of what that error means?

It would be best if he could send it as a PDF.

Christine

hi christine thanks for that. We've tried pdf but the colours and shading go all out the window which is a pain in the backside and inappropriate for our website... hence why we need the eps.

I suspect that the colors and shading are going to be the same in the EPS because of the difference in color space between illustrator and Xara.

One thing you could consider is a large high resolution RGB PNG file with a transparent background. You can scale this down as needed and the color space will be RGB. But it is not a vector file.