Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't use WD9 Premium

I thought being held up by no access to the Design Gallery was bad enough but now I can't even use the program. I keep getting asked to re-register the program. When I attempt to do this I get the same 'no internet connection' message.

I have tried:

1. Uninstalling the software and re-installing (no effect)
    2. Disabling Windows Firewall (no effect)
    3. Cleaning all references to Xara from the Registry (no effect)
    4. Putting an 'allow connection' rule entry into Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (no effect)
    5. Disabling my Anti-virus program Avast Free edition (No effect)
    6. Shutting down and re-starting the computer
    7. Runingn my antivirus software, Tuneup Utilities, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Anti-malware and Sophos Virus Removal tool (all no effect)

I have reasonably fast broadband (15Mb/sec), so that can't be the problem. Before the software stopped working I was still able to publish my website to my host, even though the Design Gallery couldn't communicate with Xara.com.

Anyone any thoughts? I don't hold out any hope of getting a quick response from Xara Support (based on my previous experiences with them) and as my previous hobby-use of Xara products is now my livelihood, I need to get back online asap.

Thanks in anticipation
    Kevin Keys

Default Re: Can't use WD9 Premium

This probably will not help but try Help > Check for Updates.

I was having problems with Xara telling me there was no internet connection, when of course there was. Xara suggested I check for updates, and this solved my problem.

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't work. I've had to resort to installing a 30-day trial version of WD9 in order to allow me to do something with my site. As soon as I installed it I clicked on "Check for updates" and got the 'cannot connect message'. My WD9 Premium setup is totally corrupted and I am unable to repair, modify or uninstall the installation.

Note: I tried to upload a jpg screenshot of the problem via this reply system but got the following error message - [IOErrorEventType= IOerror bubbles=false cancelable=false eventphase=2text="error #2038"].

My nightmare continues.

Kevin

Kevin

I have asked Xara to take a look at this thread and see if they have any suggestions.

Probably nothing until tomorrow though.

Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted when I hear something.

Kevin

Please do. When software does not work it can be so frustrating. I hope you get this resolved quickly.

Xara Support has come back to me with the instruction to use Microsoft Fixit to complete the corrupted uninstall. As WD9 Premium is no longer showing on the Program list I have to input a long string of letters/numbers called the Product code. How/where do I find this?

Kevin

Joe

Thanks but I have FixIt and have run it. Because WD9 Premium is no longer listed as a program FixIt asks for the program code. I have no clue where or how to find this for WD9 Premium

One step forwards, two steps backwards.