Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro X9 Color Editor missing features

I have 2 questions. First in DPX 9 in the color editor in HSV mode why do the values no longer show up. The H value the S value and the V value along with the hex value are all shown on DPX. They are not showing for any of the other modes either but they do on DPX. Second I know how to name colors but in DPX 9 if I take 2 colors and make a blend then try to name the colors I get a named color with no fill. The process works fine in DPX. I make the blend convert to editable shape, ungroup, deselect all, select a color and name it. Naming a color seems to work fine if I do not get the color from a blend.
    Richard

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Designer Pro X9 Color Editor missing features

Hi Richard I'm unable to reproduce this issue everything seems to work fine for me. I know I'm going to sound like a broken record here but have you tried running the program as administrator? some times that can help.

Do the values always disappear on the colour editor or just with a particular file? what kind of objects are you blending? With nothing selected I was able to use the eyedropper from the colour editor to sample the colours from a blend and create named colours from each one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances. Yes I started the program as administer a couple of times from a problem from another thread, not my post. I am just blending squares about 50 px. The blend works the name colors works if I do not try and name the blended colors. I can create my colors in the old version so it is not extremely important, to me, at this time. I am most likely missing a setting that was changed in the old version. Thanks.
    Richard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colour picker.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	98845
    There is a dropdown at the top right of the colour picker which shows or hides the values.

Christine

Thank you Christine that solved half my problem and somehow I solved the rest by trying a circle instead of a square and it now works.
    Richard