Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default PLz help with Steve Dawsons PHP password protect

HI all, plz help me. I am password protecting a page and following the Steve Dawson's instructions and the youtube video by xarausers. In the video, when I'm told to export the page and save it to a folder, then go back into that folder and change something from htm to php, I get completly lost and confused. When I hit export, it tries to export it to my picture file.

Please someone give me step by step instructions on which file to export, how to bring it back up and rename it. I'm pretty good with everything but files still confuse me. Thanks!

Default Re: PLz help with Steve Dawsons PHP password protect

There are a lot of different solutions for adding password protection. Have a look at this page as it provides a lot of options and information. http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/#.UkCJHD-RPOk

Thank you, GWPRIESTER, for your help. However, after reading the page you suggested, it is more confusing to me than the Steve Dawson instructions. Like I said, I get completely lost when it starts talking about files, file paths, directories, etc.
    I did password protect a page quite a while ago using the steve dawson instructions. I remember being lost at this point then also, but by a quirk I figured it out. The quirk isn't coming this time.
    Please, I just need to know, per the Steve Dawson instructions and Xarausers video, when I export it, what file/kind of file do I use? How do I bring it back up to rename it? I can not see it clearly enough in the video to figure it out. Like I said, it keeps trying to export it to my pictures folder. is this ok? if not, where should I put it? Thanks.

Since you saw the demo on Xara-Users, perhaps you can go direct to the source http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=180

sledger participates in TalkGraphics as well Xara-Users so maybe he will see this post and help you out.

Ack! You're too fast for me.

Thank you for your replies.
    I"m sorry. Maybe I'm not making my question clear enough. I looked at all the links you provided to help me and it's not answering my question. All it says is:
    IMPORTANT If you are adding this script to your starting page, please make certain that after export, rename your index.htm to index.php If you are adding the script to other pages, use the Web Properties>>Page Filename: to name it whatever.php
    I am saying that I don't UNDERSTAND this part. I don't understand which file to export to. Like I said, my program is trying to export to my pictures folder. I don't understand how to rename it to "index.php". I am asking for step by step help to do this.
    I am adding this password protect to an "other page", not the home page. I don't know how else to explain what I need help on. I understand everything except for how to export it to the correct file, and rename it.

I have figured it out. Thank you everybody for your help.